Return and Exchange Policy
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY TO ENSURE YOUR RIGHTS AND OUR OBLIGATIONS TO YOU.
Chatswoodshopping accepts returns of unworn, unwashed, undamaged or defective merchandise purchased online. Address for a full refund or exchange within 30 days of original purchase. Refunds will be made in the form of the original payment, unless we agree to credit a different payment type. All lingerie, pierced jewelry and final sale items cannot be returned or exchanged. All refund rights under both State and Commonwealth law apply.
Chatswoodshopping products come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. Customer are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage and you are also entitled to have the goods replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and failure does not amount to a major failure. If the failure is minor, we reserve our right to offer to replace. We reserve the right to not offer a refund or an exchange coupon.
As a general rule, if the item can be posted or easily returned, buyers should cover the initial cost of returning faulty products to Chatswoodshopping. Buyers should keep the receipts for those costs because if the returned products are later confirmed to have a fault - whether major or minor - they can recover reasonable postage or transportation costs from the seller.
For Return Items:
To return your items (some exclusion apply) for a full refund or exchange it must be returned in a saleable condition with original proof of purchase. The refund will be provided using your original payment method.
By saleable condition we mean that:
- Item hasn’t been opened or used, is still in its original packaging and all manuals, packaging and accessories are included.
The following items cannot be returned if you change your mind:
- Cosmetics (if hygiene seal is broken)
- Beauty products
- Pierced jewelry
FOR OTHER PRODUCTS:
- Will accept returns and provide you with an exchange voucher, refund (refund will be provided using original payment method).
- The item is faulty or is not of acceptable quality, or
- The item is not fit for its intended purpose, or
- The product does not match the sample or our description; and
We reserve the right not to offer an exchange voucher, refund where the item fault is a result of misuse or neglect.
When online shoppers do not have the right to return a product
- Found the product cheaper elsewhere
- Found a better product elsewhere
- Were aware of the relevant fault before buying the product - for example, if the fault was written on the product's tag, or for online purchases, indicated in any photos or descriptions of the item online
- Damaged the product by misusing it
- Used the product for a long time and the problem is as a result of usual wear and tear.
- In some of these situations, we may still choose to give a refund, exchange or credit note